How to Surrender a Horse to The Hooved Animal Sanctuary
Horses come to HAS from many different sources; however, a large number of our horses are surrenders. These horses are turned over by owners who can no longer care for them. Surrendering your horse is a very difficult decision to make, and we respect that. We are here to answer questions you may have to help you make an informed decision.
You have decided to surrender your horse—What do you do now?
The first step is to complete and submit a SURRENDER APPLICATION. Once we receive your application, we will contact you regarding our current space and financial availability.
You may submit your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
Or you can mail your application to: The Hooved Animal Sanctuary, P. O. Box 258, Chelsea Vt. 05038
If we are able to accept your horse into our program the following information/documentation must be completed by intake:
- Completed Surrender Application
- $500.00 surrender fee payable by cash or cashiers check
- Current Proof of Vaccinations
- Current Proof of Negative Coggins Test
- Current Health Certificate from Veterinarian
- Horse Registration papers if available [signed over to The Hooved Animal Sanctuary]
- Transportation to HAS to be provided by owner