How to Report Animal Abuse or Neglect in Vermont
If you have witnessed or suspect animal cruelty, abuse or neglect you can now report your concerns online or with a phone call. If the animal is in immediate danger, please call your local law enforcement or the VT state police and they will take the appropriate action.
To report abuse by phone call the lead agency serving your county
- Addison County - Addison County Humane Society (802) 388-1100
- Bennington County - Second Chance Animal Center (802) 375-2898
- Caledonia County - St. Johnsbury Police Department (802) 748-2315
- Chittenden County - Humane Society of Chittenden County (802) 862-0135
- City of Burlington Only Burlington Police Department (802) 658-2700
- Essex County - P.E.T.S. of the Kingdom (802) 754-6530
- Franklin County - Franklin County Humane Society(802) 524-9650
- Grand Isle County - Humane Society of Chittenden County (802) 862-0135
- Lamoille County - North Country Animal League (802) 888-5065
- Orange County - Central Vermont Humane Society (802) 476-3811
- Orleans County - P.E.T.S. of the Kingdom (802) 754-6530
- Rutland County - Rutland County Humane Society (802) 483-6700
- Washington County - Central Vermont Humane Society(802) 476-3811
- Windham County – Windham County Humane Society (802) 254-2232
- Windsor County - Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society (802) 484-5829
To report abuse online, click HERE. You will be taken to the Animal Cruelty Case Management and Reporting System of Vermont where you can fill out an Animal Cruelty Reporting Form.
To learn more about reporting animal cruelty in Vermont visit the Vermont Animal Cruelty Task Force's FAQ page. Here you will find lots of great information.
REMEMBER! Never trespass and never try to take an animal! Let experts handle these cases. It will turn out better for everyone.